Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resourcefulness: Something out of nothing



It always amazes me and makes me feel incredibly proud when I see my children create their own magic from the resources around them. This year, a new year and full of new challenges, one of mine will be to be as content and resourceful as my children. This summer we stayed on the western shores of Lake Taupo, a remote camping ground adjacent to a Marae. The best part about the remoteness was no electronics or toys, which didn't bother my girls at all. Bryony spent an hour creating this sand sculpture of her best friend Grace on an island. I think its gorgeous, it uses the gifts from papatuanuku and makes me smile.

The ECE ICT Professional learning Pilot has ended and now our team has rebranded as CORE Achieve.
Lessons learnt for me;

Positive attitudes to new learning accelerate growth and changes in teaching pedagogy
Relationships of trust and admiration are integral to facilitator effectiveness
Every child deserves a teacher who views them with 'capable' goggles on

and some of the best ideas come when you are mulving your to-do list over at 2am in the morning!...


This Blog now has the purpose of sharing my whakaaro on ako, the intertwined phenomenon that is, teaching and learning.

May this year bring the strengthening of children's rights to be adored, respected and provided with endless creative opportunities. I hope to be as resourceful as my children and create some magic for Kaiako, Tamariki and Whaanau in Tuwharetoa, Tairawhiti, Kahungunu... and who knows where else :) in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment