Thursday, March 18, 2010

Elizabeth Gilbert on Nurturing Creativity



A powerful whakaaro on creative genius, Elizabeth's message is to 'keep turning up', even on days where the creativity is not flowing, but to talk this energy, this purpose, this feeling of what you were born to do.
Its a spiritual discussion, without being religious, but takes us back to Greek thinking-that creative ideas and messages came from the divine, to renaissance thinking that someone was a 'genius' to where we are now... in understanding that is just too much pressure to be labelled a genius... and can we accept that creativity is something special that happens upon us.
What I love about Ted Talks is they make me think, they make me think in new ways, and at the touch of my fingertips I can hear worldclass writers, authors, innovators who keep my 'Big Picture' self alive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment