Sunday, August 15, 2010

Children, children what do you see?



Here is a Voice Thread, planned and created by my ten year old daughter Hannah to demonstrate to her Teacher that she has the ability to act out a story. We are big fans of Eric Carle in our house, Author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar



and this popular children's picture book Brown Bear, Brown Bear.


Over the last week we have visited his website and watched videos of Eric creating the hungry caterpillar and murals for his Museum of Picture Book Art, to view these youself click here.

Eric shares his creative processes in slideshows and there is also a video which my children enjoyed on how to make your very own very hungry caterpillar!



Eric encourages creativity with his stories and has a forum for Teachers to share ideas they have found successful in the classroom, it is called the caterpillar exchange. This is a wonderful way to think about the many ways a story can inspire.
In my own teaching I have read the story and then run a slideshow of the children's own pictures over the day, asking them "Children, children, what do you see?" ... I don't know where its heading but I love that about teaching, will keep you posted!

Enjoy the Voice Thread, the goldfish is hilarious!!!

...This post I dedicate to my very own Mandela, Miss Amanda Jackson in Kahungunu, who now joins the fabulously talented EC Girlz within CORE Education, in their mahi to provide the highest quality and most memorable professional development for Early Childhood services in Aotearoa. Miss Mandela you are my umbrella in a storm and remind me to keep walking through the puddles for and with the children I serve, I thank you with all my heart for this.

All the best for a stunning journey with CORE xxx

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora J, H and B
    Wow I love this post! Your voice thread is tino pai! I love the creativity you have used in creating your characters. Tau ke! Thank you for sharing the links to the Eric Carle website. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome work girls I love your voicethread!

    ReplyDelete